scrum software
Welcome to the Axosoft Community, Sign in | Register | Help
in Search

How to group by tickets in a custom report

Last post 02-13-2013, 4:51 AM by w.serreau. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-04-2013, 9:52 AM 25260

How to group by tickets in a custom report

Hi,

I have a report made from a "Default list report" and I can't make a 'group by' works ont it (I want the 'group by' to be static not dynamic).I tried this  steps but it does'nt work: http://community.axosoft.com/forums/post/21155.aspx

Thank you in advance.

Filed under: , ,
  •  02-06-2013, 5:20 PM 25277 in reply to 25260

Re: How to group by tickets in a custom report

You would just need to click on the group header in the report designer, and change the 'data field' in the properties window to select your group by field.  

You would also need to comment out the option in the script by clicking on the script tab at the bottom and comment out the following line:

((GroupHeader)rpt.Sections["autoGroupHeader"]).DataField = rptSelectedGroupField; 

Cheers,
    Brett Goldman
    Axosoft Support
  •  02-13-2013, 3:34 AM 25329 in reply to 25277

Brett Goldman:

You would just need to click on the group header in the report designer, and change the 'data field' in the properties window to select your group by field.  

In the other post (http://community.axosoft.com/forums/post/21155.aspx) you said the same thing for autoGroupHeader

Brett Goldman:

1.   Click on the bar autoGroupHeader then go into the properties window in the lower right and change the "DataField" to CompanyName. 

I guess that autoGroupHeader is the right one.

All I get with this configuration is a 'partial group by' since some tickets are indeed group by but some others are not.

Example:

Group A

Ticket 1

Ticket 4

Ticket 2

Ticket 6

Group B

Ticket 9

Group C

Ticket 12

Group B

Ticket 10

Group A

Ticket 7

The group by I try to do is on a custom field, maybe it's why it doesn't work ?

•  02-13-2013, 4:51 AM 25330 in reply to 25329

I noticed two things:

First, it seems that the tickets are sorted by DefectId or CreationDate (I have both fields in my report).

So my example above is a bit wrong, it's more like the following:

Group A

Ticket 1

Ticket 2

Ticket 3

Ticket 4

Group B

Ticket 5

Group C

Ticket 6

Group B

Ticket 7

Group A

Ticket 8

I guess I should unable a sorted option somewhere but I don't find it. I check in both DefectId and CreationDate properties already.

Any idea ?

Second:

When I generate my report, my view on the ontime dashboard do not have any filter or special view activate, everything is disable.

This way I'm sure the dashboard won't interfere with my report and it doesn't.

But as soon as I, for example, put a filter on WorkflowStep, it'll use the tickets displayed on the dashboard.

Is there a something to do to avoid that ?

Thank!

View as RSS news feed in XML

© 2002 - 2011, Axosoft, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy
Scrum Project Management Software | Scrum Master